- Posted by Angela Craft on Nov 22 2016
The penultimate book in Sarah Remy’s Bone Magic series, in The Bone Cave magic will be tested and friendship tried as Avani and Mal battle new peril and old temptation.
With the Red Worm plague vanquished, and Malachi and Liam safely returned from Roue, Avani expects life in Wilhaiim to return to normal. But Mal has been changed by his journey across the long sea, and now walks dangerously close to the edge of madness, while the horrors of war in a foreign land have transformed Liam from a naïve lad to a young man seeking his place as sidhe among mortals.
And the plague has left chaos in its wake: Wilhaiim’s priests are rising against King Renault, a serial killer is taking vengeance on His Majesty’s unwary subjects, and someone is using forbidden bone magic to kindle the Automata—mechanized monsters born of ancient necromancy.
As Avani works to contain unrest and expose a murderer, she is unaware that a far greater threat is rolling in from the east: a bloodthirsty desert army intent on destruction.
The Bone Cave by Sarah Remy is available now for just $3.99. Download now.
Read more »
- Posted by CPerny on Nov 16 2016
Richard Garriott is many things: the creator of one of the first ever MMORPG video games ever, Ultima Online, a space-traveler, an explorer–the list goes on! We’re super excited for the release of his upcoming book, EXPLORE/CREATE: My Life in Pursuit of New Frontiers, Hidden Worlds, and the Creative Spark (on-sale 1/10/2017). In the meantime, though, we thought you might want to get to know Richard better, so here are just a few of his very notable accomplishments:
- Richard is the creator of one of the 1st major massively multiplayer online roleplaying video games: Ultima Online
- He’s also an avid explorer: He has travelled to outer space, the Titanic, hydrothermal vents at the bottom of the sea, Antarctica, and the Amazon, to name a few.
- Richard was an instrumental founder of two industries: Computer Games and Commercial Civilian Spaceflight
- Richard was also the inspiration for one of the main characters in Ernest Cline’s blockbuster hit, Ready Player One (soon to be a Steven Spielberg film).
- He’s the first American-born second-generation space traveler; his father flew twice in space for NASA aboard Skylab 3
- Richard is in the Computer Gaming Hall of Fame, and he has received a wide array of awards, including the Game Developer’s Choice Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Richard was instrumental in developing MMORPGs—and as an 8 billion dollar industry, the biggest MMORPGs have far out-earned even the most successful movies and television shows!
- The Kickstarter for Richard’s new game “Shroud of the Avatar” raised more than $1.9 million from more than 20,000 of Richard’s loyal fans. The game will have a wide release in early 2017.
- Richard helped open the new commercial and civilian spaceflight era. He was involved with the $10M X-Prize, and has invested heavily in numerous new space companies.
- Richard’s luxurious homes in New York City and Austin, TX (known as Britannia Manor) are filled with secret passages and amazing artifacts. They are regular features on shows like MTV Cribs, Secret Passages, Oddities, and MotherBoard.
- Richard’s performance of magic in space earned him membership in the Academy of Magical Arts, and he has been in and on the cover of magic magazines such as MUM the magazine of the Society of American Magicians.
- Richard is member of the elite Explorer’s Club, and has traveled to virtually every place of note on earth.
- Richard was at the forefront of the Geocaching craze—worldwide, there are nearly 10 million Geocachers and counting! He brought the first Geocaches to Antarctica and outer space.
We were not kidding about him being the real-life Most Interesting Man in the world! Keep your eyes peeled for Explore/Create on 1/10/2017!
Read more »
- Posted by Angela Craft on Nov 15 2016
Religion, witchcraft, and chivalry are at war in Faithful by Michelle Hauck, available now.
A world of Fear and death…and those trying to save it.
Colina Hermosa has burned to the ground. The Northern invaders continue their assault on the ciudades-estados. Terror has taken hold, and those that should be allies betray each other in hopes of their own survival. As the realities of this devastating and unprovoked war settles in, what can they do to fight back?
On a mission of hope, an unlikely group sets out to find a teacher for Claire, and a new weapon to use against the Northerners and their swelling army.
What they find instead is an old woman.
But she’s not a random crone—she’s Claire’s grandmother. She’s also a Woman of the Song, and her music is both strong and horrible. And while Claire has already seen the power of her own Song, she is scared of her inability to control it, having seen how her magic has brought evil to the world, killing without reason or remorse. To preserve a life of honor and light, Ramiro and Claire will need to convince the old woman to teach them a way so that the power of the Song can be used for good. Otherwise, they’ll just be destroyers themselves, no better than the Northerners and their false god, Dal. With the annihilation their enemy has planned, though, they may not have a choice.
A tale of fear and tragedy, hope and redemption, Faithful is the harrowing second entry in the Birth of Saints trilogy.
Download Faithful, book two in the Birth of Saints series, now for just $3.99
Read more »
- Posted by Angela Craft on Nov 08 2016
In Remnants of Trust by Elizabeth Bonesteel, a young soldier finds herself caught in the crosshairs of a deadly conspiracy in deep space.
Six weeks ago, Commander Elena Shaw and Captain Greg Foster were court-martialed for their role in an event Central Gov denies ever happened. Yet instead of a dishonorable discharge or time in a military prison, Shaw and Foster and are now back together on Galileo. As punishment, they’ve been assigned to patrol the nearly empty space of the Third Sector.
But their mundane mission quickly turns treacherous when the Galileo picks up a distress call: Exeter, a sister ship, is under attack from raiders. A PSI generation ship—the same one that recently broke off negotiations with Foster—is also in the sector and joins in the desperate battle that leaves ninety-seven of Exeter’s crew dead.
An investigation of the disaster points to sabotage. And Exeter is only the beginning. When the PSI ship and Galileo suffer their own “accidents,” it becomes clear that someone is willing to set off a war in the Third Sector to keep their secrets, and the clues point to the highest echelons of power . . . and deep into Shaw’s past.
Purchase Remnants of Trust, the new military sci fi novel by Elizabeth Bonesteel, now.
Read more »
- Posted by Priyanka on Nov 04 2016
A big thank you to all the writers out there who participated in our Voyager open call! We had a wonderful time reading through our entries. We have now responded to all submissions, so if you have not heard back from us, please e-mail email@example.com to let us know. Please be sure to put “open call” and the title of your manuscript in the subject line, and include your current, active email address in the message so we can get back to you!
Read more »